Library and information center
The Library of Idyllic Institute of Management is completely automated with ERP Accsoft 2.0 and barcode based computerized circulation facility. It is also connected with Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) through an intranet. Fully automated digital library environment provides students, online access to journals, e-books, and magazines.
The Institute has a well-equipped, spacious and fully computerized library with around 5000+ books and reports on a large variety of Commerce Management, Computer Applications and Allied subjects. The Institute receives 12+ Research Journals including 06 International Journals and 6000+ E-Journals regularly access through N-LIST. A large number of newspapers and magazines are also procured for use in the library. The Institute has a collection of Encyclopedias and Dictionaries covering voluminous amount of information.
|All working days Monday to Saturday
||9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Note: The library will be closed on Sundays and public holidays.
Library rules and Regulations:
- Silence and order must be maintained in the library at all times. Infringement of the rules will be suitably dealt with.
- Any person who loses, defaces the book will be required to be charged at the ongoing rate, along with a fine. In case the book is one of a set or series, the cost of the entire set or series will be recovered if the lost/ damaged copy is not available individually.
- Books/Periodicals required for occasional reference, including encyclopedias, rare books and journals are not to be issued.
- Books borrowed from the library are not transferable.
- Books will be issued strictly on priority of demand.
- After having deposited the required security, students are allowed to borrow two books at a time.
- Students may keep the books up to a maximum of 15 days. After that for each succeeding day that a book is overdrawn a fine will be charged till the book is returned to the library.
- Every borrower shall be issued a Borrower's card which will be stamped by the librarian each time a book is issued or returned.
- The Card placed in the pocket at the end of the book must be delivered to the librarian before the book is taken away.
- Periodicals, Publications and newspapers for the student section of the library are placed on the tables. These must not be taken away under any circumstances. Cutting of items from newspapers/ magazines is also strictly prohibited.
- The borrower must make his/ her own arrangement for carrying the books to and from the library.
- All new books and journals will be kept in a separate almirah for a fortnight for comments and suggestions.
- Current journals will not be issued till the time next issue reaches the library. Up to two journals can be issued to the teaching staff for overnight use.
- Books may be renewed on request at the discretion of the librarian.
- Library timing is subject to variation depending on the requirements.
- Personal belongings including books, bags etc. shall be left at the property counter before entering the library.
- Eating is strictly prohibited in the library.
- Creating any kind of indiscipline in the library will automatically lead to the cancellation of membership.
- All requests/suggestions/complaints will be addressed to the Librarian.
Library Advisory Committee:
The Committee has been set up to making of policy for the purchase of new books, Journals, magazines and other reading materials etc. The main responsibility of the committee is to review the existing rules & regulations pertaining to the use of the library, policy regarding purchase of books / periodicals and hardware / software and write off of books policy etc. It deliberates on issues concerning proper and optimum utilization of facilities available and plan for future growth of the library.
Bar Coding of Library Materials:
Bar coding of Library materials started in 2017. It is done by the library staff using the Library ERP ACC Soft 2.0., 80% of the job is complete.
- Library Information Resources.
- Library books Circulation based on Barcode through ERP Accsoft 2.0.
- Periodicals Services.
- Reference Service.
- Articles aiding current awareness
- Photocopying facility
- Internet access to all students
- Library Membership.
Library membership process:
All the first year students shall take application form of library membership from the library and submit it with three passport size color photo and fee receipt after receiving the Institution’s Identity Card
- Student can obtain the book from the library only on producing their identity card and library card.
- Library cards are not transferable.
- Only one book can borrowed on one card.
- Members are responsible for all the books borrowed by their cards.
- Student member should produce their identity cards along with their library cards at the time of borrowing books.
- The entire students, who have taken the membership of library, shall return the library cards at the end of the academic year.
Resources at glance:
||Total No. of books
||Total No. of Journals
||12+ (06 National and 06 International)
We have 24 separate computers set up in the library for students with 24*7 Wi-Fi 50 MBPS facility. Students have access to internet and all the subscribed databases, e-books and e-journals.
Open access resources
MRS. MRINAL SINGH JAT
(M.Lib.I.Sc, B.P.ed., B.A.)